Help Our Youth Prepare For Today’s Workplace
A critical component of the Silicon Valley Career Pathways is student engagement with our business partners. By getting business employers involved in the learning process, students will have a better understanding of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to succeed in today’s workplace.
Our initial partners already see benefits in high-demand fields that include computer information science, engineering and advanced manufacturing, public services and medical science. With 5 sectors of industry and 15 Career Pathways, employers will have a pipeline to future talent.
"The national labs need a pipeline of talent to fill hundreds of technical positions in the next five years.”
— Beth McCormick, Recruiting and Diversity Manager, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory Engineering
Here is What Employers Can Do
Internships – Students learn by hands-on experience
Field Trips – Students learn about career opportunities visiting companies
- Mentoring Opportunities – Students learn about the workplace, industry, college and overcoming challenges from a mentor
- Guest Speakers/Presentations – Introduces students to industries and occupations
- Financial Support – Ensures programs are sustainable, long-term and continue to impact a substantial number of youth.
- Other Options
Follow the lead of these Partner Employers and their internship programs:
We Can Help Fill Your Talent Pipeline
- NASA Ames: 15 summer internships
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory: 30 internships and 8+ Boot Camps
- NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratories (JPL): 20 internships per summer
- Santa Clara Valley Water District 10 internships: (high school students)
Interested In Becoming A Volunteer?
Silicon Valley Career Pathways is committed to building opportunities for youth and young adults in Silicon Valley. We believe young adults thrive through mentorship, and we encourage those in the business community to reach out and share their skills and experiences by volunteering in our programs. Please take a moment to fill out the form below and a member of our team will contact you. Thank you.
“I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of internships. At NASA we have tons of interns, but I never had any from community college before. To be honest, after a week or so I forgot which interns were postdocs and which were community college students.”
— Dr. Ioana Cozmuta, Director of the Space Portal at NASA Ames